UPSC Civil Services Examination (Pre) 2021: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released its recruitment notice for 712 vacancy through Civil Service (Prelims) Exam 2021. Interested and eligible candidates are requested to submit their online application through the following link. Details regarding the UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination 2021 is available below.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 24/03/2021
Application Mode: Online
UPSC Civil Services Examination (Pre) 2021 Details
Name of examination: Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2021
No of vacancy: 712 Nos
Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 27th June, 2021.
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
Eligibility Criteria of UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination
Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2021 i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1989 and not later than 1st August, 2000.
Age Relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination Scheme
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages :
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
Exam Centers available in Assam for UPSC Exam
Following are the Exam Centres available for UPSC Exam in Assam
UPSC Exam Application Fee
General: Rs. 100/-
SC/ ST/ Female & PwBD: Nill
Payment Mode: Applicable candidates can pay their Application Fee in any Branch of SBI by cash/ Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit card.
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination
Candidates are required submit online application for UPSC Civil Services (Prelims) Examination. Check the following-
- Scroll down to the Important Links section below.
- Click on the Direct Application Link.
- Register in the portal first.
- Fill the necessary information accordingly.
- Upload the documents it ask for.
- Complete the other steps and submit.
Important Dates of UPSC Civil Services (Pre) Examination
|Starting Date for Apply Online||01-Mar-21|
|Last Date to Apply Online||24-03-2021|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash)||23-03-2021|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (Online)||24-03-2021|
|Date for online application Withdrawn||31-March to 6- April 2021|
|Date of Civil Service (Pre) Exam||27-06-2021|